Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Why I work for Lancome....


Why I work for Lancôme…..


Several people have recently expressed interest in my career choices and I thought I would let everyone know why I am doing what I love!

I have a Computer Science and International Business Administration background, soo people are always asking why I am now in the beauty industry. It all started a few years ago, I was one of the lucky people that was “reduced in force” and I thought hard about what I was going to do next, since I have had several experiences under my belt (computer programmer, web designer, event management, purchasing management and  sports management). I always wanted to attend Beauty school since I was a young girl however, I never thought I could really make a career out of it, well I was wrong….fast forward a few years later, I am now a licensed cosmetologist/make-up artist. I love color, I love coloring hair and I love playing with makeup! I am currently working for Glitz & Glam Galz (on-site special event stylist’s), Lancôme and just recently I have accepted a position with Broadway in Chicago as a stylist (hair & makeup). I also have several hair clients and hair extension clients.

I love all my jobs but there is one position that people always ask me about and that is Lancôme. Why do I work for Lancôme?

I work for Lancôme because I believe just as many other artists believe, you always want to start with a good clean canvas. Your skin is my canvas, I believe that you must have good skin before you can start applying makeup for the application to look flawless! I can go to any luxury counter and purchase an eye shadow, even a drug store with good pigments but can I just walk up to any luxury counter or drug store and receive good quality skin care that actually works? Not often! I believe in Lancôme’s products and have used them for myself and I just love them! Do I like every product Lancôme has to offer, no, I only blog or recommend products that I love! That goes the same for my hair clients and makeup clients, I only use or recommend products that I truly whole heartedly believe in, my clients turn to me because they trust me, it is my responsibility to direct them in the best possible direction, I am the professional and that is my job and what I am paid for, for my knowledge, experience and trust!

Lancôme provides phenomenal skin care and I truly believe in their products, they are the #1 Luxury Skin Care company globally! I work for Lancôme because I choose to not because I have to, why not work with a company that I love and truly believe in their products.

Long story short, I love what I do, I do it because I want to not because I need to. Are there other products I love just as much as Lancôme, of course! I blog and recommend various products and brands! I am always open to new & better things (have you see my career path, lol). Always take great care of your skin and you will be able to rock your makeup! It’s good for you and makes my job easier to make you look flawless….xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment